It’s without a doubt that deliveries are a huge industry, and the pandemic only accelerated things further. Many people are accustomed to same day delivery service when buying from the big guys like Amazon. This is no doubt a competitive advantage for them and one of the reasons they are the one of the biggest companies in the world. But how can your small business compete? EasyRoutes delivery management system can help! We are currently helping businesses in the following industries provide same-day deliveries…
Table of Contents
- What is a Same Day Delivery Service?
- Perishable Goods
- Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
- EasyRoutes Delivery Management System
What is a Same Day Delivery?
Same Day Delivery refers to being able to get a product a customer has ordered into their hands within hours, instead of days. Being able to provide this is a huge competitive advantage as most people are ordering an item they need, and the ability to get it faster matters.
More than half of shops (51%) offer same-day delivery, and 65 percent expect to do so within the next two years. According to 49% of buyers, same-day delivery makes them more likely to shop online.
Consider these statistics:
- Between the ages of 18 and 34, 56 percent of internet shoppers demand same-day delivery.
- Consumers are eager to pay more for same-day delivery, with 61% willing to pay more.
- According to 49% of buyers, same-day delivery encourages them to shop online
- Customers interpret “rapid delivery” to mean “same-day delivery” in 96% of cases.
- According to the survey, 80 percent of buyers desire same-day shipment, and 61 percent want their products delivered within 1-3 hours of making an order.
- If same-day shipment wasn’t available, more than a quarter of online customers would abandon their carts.
- The top two reasons for picking same day delivery service at checkout is that the customer needs the item immediately (50%) or that the same day delivery service was provided for free (29%)
Same Day Delivery Service: E-Commerce
In recent years, the e-commerce industry has experienced remarkable growth, and it has mostly overtaken traditional stores. Customers are increasingly drawn to shopping on e-commerce websites because of the guaranteed same-day delivery, which was previously unthinkable.
Same Day Delivery Service: Perishable Goods
Various perishable things, such as food, supermarket items, and restaurant delivery, must be delivered on the same day without fail. EasyRoutes can help here, as it can keep your customers informed of the status of their deliveries via a tracking page. You can even specify how many stops away they are so they can be prepared to meet you.
Same Day Delivery Service: Floral
Flowers are a wonderful gift for any occasion when it comes to gifting your loved one. Because of people’s changing lifestyles and expanding geographical distance, online flower deliveries are becoming increasingly popular.
Same Day Delivery Service: Manufacturing
Manufacturing is the backbone of the economy, as it is a labour-intensive industry that employs the greatest number of people in many countries around the world. Depending on the type of product being created, the manufacturing industry frequently demands same-day deliveries to avoid disruptions in the supply-chain process.
Same Day Delivery Service: Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
One of the most important industries is pharmaceuticals and healthcare, which is a lifesaver and lifeline for people. This industry has a high demand for quick responses, as well as efficient appointment scheduling and field staff management. These sectors may now work more efficiently and treat patients on the same day thanks to Delivery Management Software.
EasyRoutes Delivery Management System
EasyRoutes makes managing deliveries a snap. Our software is tightly integrated with your store’s back-end, so when you open our app, your orders are there, ready to be routed. You can then create optimized routes and packing lists in a matter of seconds. Share the links with your drivers, and send your customers a tracking link for them to follow along! EasyRoutes is a 2x Shopify Staff Pick.